– Computer Simulator Allows Visually-impaired To Drive A team of researchers from the University of Granada, in collaboration with the University of Murcia, has developed a visual aid device which significantly improves the vision of sight impaired patients; especially those suffering from pathologies with a slow progression that can eventually lead to blindness (such as… Seguir Leyendo Computer Simulator Allows Visually-impaired To Drive
– New Night Vision System Reduces Car Accidents About 42% of fatal car accidents happen at night, according to the European Commission for the Automobile Industry. This figure is extremely worrying bearing in mind that there is about 60% less traffic during at night time. This is largely due to the reduced visual acuity and… Seguir Leyendo New Night Vision System Reduces Car Accidents
– Tailor-made Antidepressants? The study confirms the relation between a mutation in the serotonin transporter gene and exposure to threatening life events in depression. The disorder affects 20 percent of Spaniards visiting the doctor. In spite that the causes of depression have not still been fully identified, scientists acknowledge that genetic and environmental factors play… Seguir Leyendo Tailor-made Antidepressants?
– Seawater Intrusion Is The First Cause Of Contamination Of Coastal Aquifers Seawater intrusion is often the consequence of freshwater aquifers overexploitation. This is a very common and serious phenomenon all over the Mediterranean basin, as well as in other areas with similar weather conditions and population. In Spain, the most severely affected areas by… Seguir Leyendo Seawater Intrusion Is The First Cause Of Contamination Of Coastal Aquifers
Compound From Olive-pomace Oil Inhibits HIV Spread Updated: 7/9/2007 12:06:16 PM Print Article Email Article Science Daily — Researchers from the University of Granada and Hospital Carlos III in Madrid, verified that maslinic acid – found in wax from olive skin – inhibits serin-protease, the enzyme used by HIV to release itself from the infected… Seguir Leyendo Compound From Olive-pomace Oil Inhibits HIV Spread
– Study Confirms Importance Of Sexual Fantasies In Experience Of Sexual Desire Scientists of the Department of Personality, Evaluation and Psychological Treatment of the University of Granada have studied how some psychological variables such as erotophilia (positive attitude towards sexuality), sexual fantasies and anxiety are related to sexual desire in human beings. The researcher Juan… Seguir Leyendo Study Confirms Importance Of Sexual Fantasies In Experience Of Sexual Desire